Grambling State University and Southern University have been battling on the gridiron for the winning title of the Bayou Classic football game since 1974. This nationally televised football game will be played at Independence Stadium in Shreveport at 1:30 p.m., April 17, 2021. It has proven to be a steadfast beacon of legacy and tradition that extends beyond the HBCU community. You and a friend can attend the this game with just a click of a few buttons by entering the Shreveport-Bossier social media contest. You can win on Facebook or Instagram with these simple steps and tips:
- Like the Shreveport-Bossier ~ Louisiana’s Other Side Facebook page, but you can follow The Social Circle, and Shreveport-Bossier African American Chamber of Commerce Facebook pages for extra entries. On Instagram, you must follow the @seeshreveportbossier and follow @sbaachamber account for extra entries.
- On Facebook, share our original giveaway post on your page, which was posted on Monday, April 12 at 454 p.m. and on Instagram, share our original post on your stories, which was posted on Monday, April 12 at 5 p.m. On Instagram, be sure to tag us in your stories, so that we can see your entries!
- Comment the team you’re rooting for, Grambling State University Tigers or Southern University Jaguars.
- Tag the person you want to attend the Bayou Classic football game with.
- This giveaway includes two sets of Bayou Classic football game tickets. One will be administered on Facebook and the other on Instagram.
- Tickets to the Bayou Classic football game start at $39.50. This giveaway is valued at $79, excluding taxes and fees. If you want to guarantee your spot at the Bayou Classic football game, click here to purchase tickets.
- The winner of this giveaway will be announced on Friday, April 16 at noon. Tickets must be picked up on Friday, April 16 before 5 p.m. at the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, located at 629 Spring Street in downtown Shreveport.
- There are no limits on entries. The more you share, comment, and tag, the more chances you get to win.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win this giveaway.
- Winner must present a valid state-issued ID and sign giveaway disclaimer form at pick-up before receiving tickets.
Sponsor, Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the giveaway, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the giveaway In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award any or all of the prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, giveaway partners and prize suppliers and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, managers, members, owners and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the giveaway and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the giveaway.