Photos for this post are by Casey Habich and were taken at the Inaugural Great Raft Ramble party in 2014.
On Saturday, Oct. 21, Great Raft Brewing in Shreveport will host the Fourth Annual Great Raft Ramble (RSVP to the Facebook event or purchase tickets), a day-long party that functions as a birthday celebration for the popular craft brewery. The thing that sets this party apart is the absurd number of rare and limited quantity Great Raft brews that will be available on tap. For this year’s Ramble, the GRB team is touting “more than 30 beers” on tap, and they were kind enough to reveal 26 of those beers to 20×49.com…leaving room for some last-minute surprises.
Here’s what we know will be poured:
1. Southern Drawl
3. Reasonably Corrupt
4. 2016 Drunk Uncle
5. Double Dry Hopped Commotion
6. You, Me and Everyone We Know 001 (Mayhaws)
7. You, Me and Everyone We Know 002 (Peaches)
8. You, Me and Everyone We Know 003
9. You, Me and Everyone We Know 004 (Pluots)
10. Mixed Feelings (Blue Jacket Collaboration – 2015) last keg
11. Come What Mayhaw (Ramble Exclusive/Last Keg)
12. Oceans Between Us 003 – Mosaic on Peaches
13. Oceans Between Us 005 – Cascade and Blood Oranges
14. Farmhouse Slang 001 (Nelson) – 2016
15. Farmhouse Slang 002 (Hallertau Blanc) – 2016
16. 2016 Buffalo Trace Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy
17. 2017 Buffalo Trace Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy
18. 2016 Heaven Hill Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy
19. 2017 Jamaican Rum Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy
20. 2017 Pappy Van Winkle Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy with Cinnamon and Coffee (nitro)
21. Toasted Coconut Milk Stout
22. Southern Drawl on Gin-Soaked Oak (cask)
23. Double Dry Hopped Oceans Between Us 005 (cask)
24. Passionfruit Commotion (cask)
25. Double Dry Hopped Commotion with Basil and Lemongrass (cask)
26. Creature of Habit
There’ll also be food from Southern Fork Catering (all day long) and Scratch House Kitchen (beginning at 4 p.m.) as well as live music by The Critics, HWY Lions and The Mansion Family.
The Fourth Annual Great Raft Ramble will take place, 12-10 p.m., at Great Raft Brewing located at 1251 Dalzell Street in Shreveport. General admission tickets are $15 each or $5 for non-drinkers or children ages 12 and up. You must be at least 21 years old and show proper ID to drink.
Flash Giveaway: Enter to win a pair of general admission tickets to the Great Raft Ramble (value $30) by e-mailing email@example.com with the subject line “I wanna Ramble” by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 18. Two winners will be selected at random and notified by e-mail no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 18. Tickets are non-transferable.
Like Great Raft Brewing on Facebook.
Explore the craft beer scene in Shreveport-Bossier at www.Shreveport-Bossier.org.
Please celebrate responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.