- Brew: A Premier Beer Tasting Saturday, Oct. 18, 2-6 p.m.
- Ken Jordan of The Crystal Method at DigiFest South Thursday, Sept. 18, 7-11 p.m.
- Lee Fields and the Expressions Live Tuesday, Sept. 23, 9 p.m.
- Peter Frampton at Shreveport Municipal Auditorium Friday, Sept. 26, 8 p.m.
- A Better Shreveport
- Debbie Hollis: Art, Politics and Equal Rights in Louisiana
- Focused Linz
- Go Greenly
- Heliopolis SBC
- Kathryn Usher's American South iPhoneography
- KSCL 91.3 FM
- Louisiana Eats! with Poppy Tooker
- Loving This Life Jada
- Moonbot Studios
- Port City Food
- Sarah to Shreveport
- Shreveport Songs
- The Sci-Port Blogger
- The Weekend Show Podcast
- Twang Darkly
Buttercups Offers Vegan, Gluten-Free Days
Buttercups Cupcakes, located at Shoppes at Bellemead (6535 Youree Drive, Shreveport), are now offering gluten-free cupcakes each Tuesday and vegan cupcakes each Thursday, in addition to their regularly-scheduled menu offerings. According to the salesperson I spoke with, customers need not call in advance to order the gluten-free and vegan cakes, unless they are purchasing a large quantity.
For the uninitiated, Buttercups is a locally owned-and-operated cupcake boutique offering 21 varieties of cupcakes baked fresh daily (to see which flavors are available each day, check out this cupcake matrix). Owner Kim Wood and her team achieved national recognition by appearing on The Food Network’s Cupcake Wars in March 2011, where Buttercups’ take on red velvet cupcakes was named “Best Red Velvet.” If you’ve never eaten that award-winning red velvet cupcake, I highly recommend it – I’ve seen it bring tears to the eyes of “been there, done that” journalists and foodies alike. Other delicious flavors include peanut butter, orange, and wedding cake. “Like” Buttercups on Facebook to keep up with special offers and limited edition flavors.
Buttercups Cupcakes are $3 each or $33 per dozen. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 12 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. For more information, call (318) 797-6696.