- Great Raft Ramble Saturday, Oct. 10, 12-11 p.m.
- Red River Revel Arts Festival Now through Saturday, Oct. 10
- Roller Derby: Twin City Knockers vs. Capitol Defenders Saturday, Oct. 10, 6-9 p.m.
- Stan "The Record Man" Lewis Retrospective Exhibition Now thru Friday, Oct. 30
- A Better Shreveport
- Beard & Barrel
- Debbie Hollis: Art, Politics and Equal Rights in Louisiana
- Focused Linz
- Go Greenly
- Heliopolis SBC
- Kathryn Usher's American South iPhoneography
- KSCL 91.3 FM
- Louisiana Eats! with Poppy Tooker
- Loving This Life Jada
- Moonbot Studios
- Port City Food
- Sarah to Shreveport
- Shreveport Songs
- Speederson: Bikes. Beer. Bald. Beard. Beer.
- The Sci-Port Blogger
- The Weekend Show Podcast
- Twang Darkly
Mudbug Madness sets in this weekend
So unless you’ve been hiding under a rock… Or at the very least haven’t passed through downtown Shreveport in the last 24 hours, you know Memorial Day weekend in this city always means one thing – Mudbug Madness.
In fact, even right now as I type this blog post around the lunchtime hour., the live music of Cedryl Ballou & the Zydeco Trendsetters is pumping through the entire downtown area, (which can either be great soundtrack or a great distraction to the day if you work downtown!)
Anyway, here’s what you need to know – the festival continues through Sunday and besides literally tons of all the crawfish and other good food you can eat, Mudbug Madness also brings some of the biggest names in zydeco music.
For those not as familiar with the genre, Carrier carries the distinction of being the last artist to receive the Grammy Award for Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album before the category was eliminated in 2011.
And there’s always something for kids at the Capitol One Kids on the Bayou Stage, where they can join in the Kids Idol Karaoke Contest or see acts like Destiny Jacobs, Breanna Marie Clark or Gems of Cairo Belly Dancers.
Click here for the complete list of Mudbug Madness entertainment.