- Geek'd Con Friday, Aug. 19-Sunday, Aug. 21
- Multicultural Center of the South presents A Taste of Culture Saturday, July 30, 6 p.m.
- Wheels in the Hills Saturday, July 30, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- A Better Shreveport
- Beard & Barrel
- Debbie Hollis: Art, Politics and Equal Rights in Louisiana
- Endless Bliss Blog
- Focused Linz
- Go Greenly
- Heliopolis SBC
- Kathryn Usher's American South iPhoneography
- Kristine Carrier's My Forever Right Now
- KSCL 91.3 FM
- Louisiana Eats! with Poppy Tooker
- Loving This Life Jada
- Moonbot Studios
- Port City Food
- Sarah to Shreveport
- Shreveport Songs
- Speederson: Bikes. Beer. Bald. Beard. Beer.
- The Sci-Port Blogger
- Twang Darkly
‘Love ‘em or Leave ‘em’ with Bon Temps Burlesque
Of all the types of entertainment offerings in this town, a neo-burlesque show may not be the first one that comes to mind.
Not familiar with Bon Temps Burlesque?
First of all, there’s no nudity. Instead, a Bon Temps Burlesque show features more contemporary and classic dance, theater and song styles laced with sexual suggestion and mature content.
In fact, on the group’s website they describe their performances as “More dance than prance; all tease, no strip.”
For this weekend’s shows, held 7 p.m. Feb. 17-19, expect to see the 20-member troupe will celebrate the sweet and sour aspects of love with solo musical numbers, burlesque and neo-burlesque dance, belly dance, jazz, hip hop and more in a two-act show. Tickets are $20 and those who purchase their tickets online get preferred seating.