- Food for Thought: Polyfaces with Mahaffey Farms Wednesday, Oct. 5, 6 p.m.
- Louisiana Film Prize Sept. 30-Oct. 2
- NBA Preseason Game: Dallas Mavericks vs. New Orleans Pelicans Saturday, Oct. 1, 7 p.m.
- A Better Shreveport
- Beard & Barrel
- Debbie Hollis: Art, Politics and Equal Rights in Louisiana
- Endless Bliss Blog
- Focused Linz
- Go Greenly
- Heliopolis SBC
- Kathryn Usher's American South iPhoneography
- Kristine Carrier's My Forever Right Now
- KSCL 91.3 FM
- Louisiana Eats! with Poppy Tooker
- Loving This Life Jada
- Moonbot Studios
- Port City Food
- Sarah to Shreveport
- Shreveport Songs
- Speederson: Bikes. Beer. Bald. Beard. Beer.
- The Sci-Port Blogger
- Twang Darkly
Copeland’s of Shreveport Receives $1 Million Update
Copeland’s of New Orleans in Shreveport (1665 East Bert Kouns Industrial Loop) held a press event last Tuesday unveiling the results of a $1 million update to the restaurant, including completely-renovated dining rooms, a new bar, and a new bakery case housing signature cheesecakes (see the tantalizing image above), among other new features. The Shreveport location of Copeland’s is actually being used as a prototype for the entire chain of restaurants. The new look that you can see here will soon be rolled out to all present and future Copeland’s locations in six states.
Personally, I was most impressed by the bar, which looks fantastic. I like a bar that simultaneously fills old and grand and warm and inviting, without coming off as too stuffy. They’ve definitely achieved that here, with cool chandeliers and a vintage-feeling oak bar. And best of all, there are no televisions behind the bar hurling sports and politics at passers-by. The location of the bar is tucked away in the restaurant’s smaller dining room, in a quiet spot. I’m looking forward to having a drink there.
Copeland’s of New Orleans is open Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. This location will feature a Sunday Jazz Brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.